Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Blog Workshop - My #TBWC13 Recap



The best learning experience I've had so far this year!

Disclosure -- I received free admission to The Blog Workshop in return for the following review. Even though compensation was received (in form of free admission), my honest opinion is always my own and can never be altered or steered in any way.





This past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to attend The Blog Workshop Online Conference and I couldn't be happier!

This was my first blog conference and I wasn't really sure what to expect but I can say that The Blog Workshop rose WAY above my expectations. 
(You may remember my posts How The Online Blog Workshop Will Benefit You and The Speakers Of The Blog Workshop)

One of the best parts about attending an online conference was that I didn't have to find a babysitter for my daughters (even though I tried my hardest to find one anyways lol)! They were able to run around and play with their friends and even watch a bit of TV while I was learning!! And there was no way I was going to be able to afford to travel at tight now with the girls being in school and money needing to go toward bills! (Traveling with or without kids can get pretty pricey these days!)






Speaking of learning:


The Blog Workshop has given me sooo much to think about and put into action! The speakers were fabulous! Wonderful people from Blogads, NakedBloggers, Blog Frog/TapInfluence, IZEA, Blog Trends and soo many more! I've sat here and tried to pick a favorite part of the conference but I can't decided on one. I favorite the whole Conference. (did that make sense?)


I learned so much from The Blog Workshop that I don't even know where to start! I do know that I have a few things that need to be changed and I'll be making a To-Do List very soon!!



Some of the things mentioned were:


  • Branding
  • Finances
  • Affiliates
  • Networking
  • Media Kits
  • And much more!

Everyone was tweeting throughout the whole conference with the hashtag #TBWC13 and we ended up Trending all 3 nights!!! How awesome is that?!?



That stands for something, right?!?

A Great Example that shows AMAZING things can and will happen when you get a group of wonderful bloggers and vloggers together!

Take note Brands! We are no longer just simply bloggers... We are Influensers with a community of followers who love us!

Some of my favorite tweets were:




I couldn't be happier with my 1st conference experience! Da Vinci, the girl in control of The Blog Workshop (no joke, Da Vinci did not disappoint, she ran that conference like a champ!), is a super awesome lady! She runs the blog Your Life After 25 and I had no idea how laid back and fun she was! Along with all of the other speakers at the conference as well! Everyone was joking around, having fun, learning and teaching!

I was even able to learn a good bit from the chat box throughout the conference from all the other attendee's! It was wonderful! I made so many new connections and I can't wait to see what all these new blogger buddies and learning tools can do for my blog, my business and my future! I can't wait for 2014! If your thinking about attending a conference next year than I recommend looking into The Blog Workshop. A year sounds like a long time but everyone needs time for some planning don't they? Oh yeah, and I am almost 100% sure that next year the conference is going to be 10x better then this year... if that is even possible because #TBWC13 was AMAZING!!!!! 



Keep an eye out for ALOT of changes in the future because I'm following the yellow brick road to success!! 


One last tweet to Thank all the wonderful sponsors.....





Take a look at the collage that Da Vinci made up of some of the photo's we were tweeting of us hanging out with The Blog Workshop!!

I'M IN THE COLLAGE...... I'm wearing a green shirt... Can you find me?
:-)


Photo from TheBlogWorkshop.com



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review! We're so happy to hear all the positive feedback. I'm glad everyone had such a good time, I enjoyed myself too :) Recordings are available and we have a surprise going out for our #TBWC13 attendees soon. We're looking forward to connecting with you more and continuing our journey in blogger education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Da Vinci! And Thank you for the wonderful conference! I had a blast! I can't wait until the next conference in 2014 as well as this surprise that your talking about :-) I'm already getting excited!

      -Autumn B

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...