Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

#ChallengeToWrite -- If you could have personally witnessed one event in history...


#ChallengeToWrite
May 14, 2013
If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?


If I would of witnessed one event in history it would of been the President John F Kennedy's Birthday Celebration at the third Madison Square Garden on May 10, 1962.


The place was full of famous people and the Birthday Cake was HUGE! (Watch the video below to see the cake) Performers sang and everyone was in ah when Marilyn Monroe "finally" made it to the stage (It use to be a big joke that Marilyn was late for EVERYTHING so they used that as a "prop" for Marilyn Monroe to enter the stage to sing. She was "Fashionably Late")




In nothing but a nude-colored sparkly dress that she could barley move in, Marilyn Monroe sang, in her sultry voice, one of the most memorable songs in history... "Happy Birthday, Mr. President"... Her voice was very seductive and quite and you could tell by the long silence that Marilyn was a bit nervous. But once she started singing, it was simply beautiful! She had re-written the traditional "Happy Birthday" song to be personalized for John F Kennedy, to fit the occasion.







Some of her lyrics included:

"Thanks, Mr. President
For all the things you've done
The battles that you've won
The way you deal with U.S. Steel
And our problems by the ton
We thank you so much"



Once the song was over, the crowd went crazy and John F Kennedy approached the stage. His exact words were: "I can now retire from politics after having had "Happy Birthday" sung to me in such a sweet and wholesome way!!"

Of course he was joking, and everyone laughed.


I would of LOVED to of been able to watch one of Marilyn's last performances, I would of also kept a good watch on people to see if I could of figured out if anything sneaky was going on around there. Rumors say that Marilyn spent the night in JFK's hotel room that night but their is no proof. I would of done my best to of talked to Marilyn and maybe... just maybe... found out if the Kennedy's had any wild plans about how they were going to keep Miss Marilyn Monroe quiet about her diary full of dirty little secrets.
I have an odd feeling that even though, noone has found Marilyn Monroe's diary yet, (not that I know of) that at one point, the FBI who was watching sooo many people back in the 60s, got their hands on that diary and destroyed it! It is said that Marilyn had many secrets in her diary that included plans and secrets from The White House aka JFK and Bobby (Robert) Kennedy along with (maybe) some dirt on Frank Sinatra and his dealings with the Mafia.

I don't believe that Marilyn died of just an overdose of pills. Deep down, I know it was something more. 

RIP Marilyn Monore

Read my whole story about the night Marilyn Monroe sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President".

Below is a video of the beautiful Marilyn Monroe singing that memorable birthday song...




All opinions above are my own at My Kind Of Introduction. The video is from YouTube and Photo's by Yale Joel/Life Magazine/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images.
Above information is from many resources through out my years of being a Marilyn Monroe fanatic! She is my idol.



I want to hear from you!!!!

**If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you want to have seen?

Leave your answers in the comments and I may add some of them in a future post!




*Blog Written By ~ Autumn Banks*
..::I'm a stay at home mom who loves DIY projects, finding freebies and playing with my gurlie gurls. I have a secret obsession with anything history that not many people know about. I try to stay out of politics along with anything causing trouble but sometimes, randomly, find myself in the middle of some stupid argument::..
*I hope you like my post on Marilyn Monroe's version of "Happy Birthday"
Comment all you like and please share if you enjoyed what you read. Have a wonderful day!*

4 comments:

  1. This is a good event to witness. I don't know what I would pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many wonderful moments in history.... It really is hard to just pick one but Marilyn Monroe was an easy one for me :-)

      Delete
  2. That is a a HUGE cake! :) I would have liked to be next to the person who walked up to the Grand Canyon for the first time. I know that's not necessarily a recorded event, but it must have been amazing. As one of the co-hosts from the My Favorite Posts Weekend SHOW OFF Party! I wanted to personally thank you for linking up with us. Also, I'm hosting a Facebook like party on my blog where you can link up and increase your Facebook likes! I'd love it if you joined in too! It's here: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/skinny-apple-cherry-ombre-smoothie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the first sight of the Grand Canyon would be amazing! I've never seen the Grand Canyon in person but I hope that one day I will. JFK's cake wasn't quiet as big as the Grand Canyon but close LOL.

      Your welcome for the link up at the SHOW OFF Party, Thank you for being a co-host and for visiting me and the awesome comment. I just linked my fb page up to your link up too! That smoothie looks YUMMY!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...