Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Monday, May 6, 2013

#ChallengeToWrite -- What does your family mean to you…








#ChallengeToWrite
What does your family mean to you


I believe I was the only one ready for this photo! lol

To me, Family means many different things. My friends have become a big part of my family and for some part... taken the place of a few family members.


The most important people in my life are my daughters, they are my true family and I wouldn't trade them in for the world. Those girls and my fiance are my family!


When it comes to everyone else..... It can get touch sometimes.

I don't talk to anyone in my family. I just happen to be the outcast on my dad's side of the family and "someone who doesn't come around often" to my mom's side.

My parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember and I do know that after my mama and daddy divorced... It was never the same when it came to my grandparents... On both sides.


Child Support, Fighting, Accusing, It all pushed me away from my father's side of the family.


My mama's side of the family LOVED my daddy and they talk to him WAY more than I do. He seems to call my mamaw and daddy-paw often.... I haven't talked to him in months.


I was super close to my mom's side of the family until we all started having kids.

I got pregnant..... 1 month later my mamas sister did too.... A couple months later, my other aunt got pregnant also.
3 Pregnant girls, in the same family, all having girls.
That would bring a family together right?
No.
We were all doing great until the babies came and I ended up having another daughter just 11 months after my first. I guess I had to many kids to hang out with and now that they are 5 and 6... We are the outcasts once again.

Most days, I'm okay with it. My daughters are all I need to keep me happy. My friends have helped out alot by filling in the holes of not having a close family can leave but I still have my days where it bothers me when I see everyone else hanging out and I wasn't invited. It's not so much that I wasn't invited.... My daughters wasn't invited. 

No I don't drive so I can't go visit people like I wish I could but that doesn't mean that I don't want to see my family. I love my family, no matter how dysfunctional we are. We have many problems and there is alot of stuff that I don't know about, but Life goes on.

My little family at home is doing great and though if I was able... I may of changed a few things about my past but then I wouldn't be the woman I am today.


Life may be hard but with the family I do have with me.... We got this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...