Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Frugal ways to Enhance your Beauty & Sooth Your Body & Soul


Today I have 2 recipes that I'm going to share with you that I've had since I was in Elementary School! I remember buying a DIY book from the Book Fair, I believe it was my 5th grade year, that was full of neat little DIY projects for "Tweens". I don't remember the name of the book but I did write the recipes down in a journal that I kept back then and I just happen to still have a few of my old journals!! Even though I bought the book when I was still a child, the projects and recipes are still just as interesting and fun, now that I'm an adult.
The recipes I'll be sharing today are to help you relax and stay beautiful! They are all very simple to make and don't cost very much at all!
Enjoy!


Pear Facial Mask

Pears are wonderful for moisturizing! The following recipe is a great soother for sun-drenched skin. It even works great on skin that has a bit of redness or blotches.
This recipe is enough for 1 mask

You will need:
  • 1 Ripe Pear
  • 1 Tablespoon of Honey
  • 1 Tablespoon of Light Cream of While Milk

Directions:
  • Peal and Core the Pear and Cut it into Small Pieces
  • In a small bowl - Mash the pear into a smooth paste
  • Stir in the Honey and Cream
  • Spread the mixture over your face and neck - Keep the mask away from your eyes
  • Lay back and relax with your eyes closed for about 20 to 30 minutes
  • Rinse with Warm Water - Splash with Cool Water - Pat your face dry.

**Using Milk and Cream to keep your skin milky-smooth (haha love the milky addition :) Couldn't help myself!) is an old Southern beauty trick?


Honey-Vanilla Bath and Footsie Soak

If your skin isn't soft enough for you from the top two recipes, this body soak will quickly do the trick! You'll feel completely relaxed when your surrounded in the oh-so-heavenly scent of honey and vanilla that will follow you  long after your bath is complete.

You will need:
  • 1/2 cup of Baby Oil or Mineral Oil
  • 1/2 cup of Honey
  • 1/2 cup of Unscented liquid soap
  • 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
A Squeeze bottle to store your soak in. (A honey-bear is the perfect bottle and looks super adorable sitting on your bathroom counter or tub!)

Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients together until the honey completely dissolves.
  • Pour all contents into the squeeze bottle.
  • Shake the mixture before each use
  • For Baths -- Use about 1/4 cup
  • For Foot Soak -- 2 or 3 Squirts
I hope you enjoy your Beauty Treatments and save all kinds of that hard money this weekend!
If you have a daughter, these recipes would be a great addition to a Mommy-Daughter Day! You can give each other the Spa Treatment!!
My daughters come home from being at their Mawmaw's house for a week and a half and I'm planning to have an All girl's night once their daddy goes to work tomorrow night!! :) I can't wait!!

Planning an All Girls Sleep-Over?
Turn it into a spa night!
Serve up Fruit and Flavored Water while the girls are all laid back with a Pear Mask, Cucumber Eyes and their feet soaking in a nice, warm Honey Vanilla Foot Soak!
I believe you would end up with a Slumber Party Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...