Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tackling Illustrations


So I've been writing stories and poems for as long as I can remember. Most of my stories are about Faeries and a Fantasy world while my poems seem to be more along the lines of lost love or dark depression. I'm not sure why or how 2 pieces of writing from the same author can be so different but that's the way I've always been. 

At the moment I have a couple faerie stories going and I have the opportunity to get one of them in book form. (Not to sale in stores but to have a solid copy for my daughters and myself.)
My only problem is the illustrations. A faerie story can't be printed into book if it doesn't have pictures! 

When in Middle and High school, I was a decent artist. I took lots of Art classes and LOVED every bit of it! I've always been into art and designs, all my interest are in the creative field.  But I never claimed to be a really good drawer. Drawing people has always been my weakest link and it just happens that faeries are people.....

I'm stumped...... I know a few people who are great artist and a couple has agreed to work with me but it's a really busy time in everyone's life right now that nothing seems to be lining up very well. 

I don't want the illustrations to be complex or fancy, I'm thinking along the lines of decorative and simple. Kinda like these cute little owls from Oopsy Daisy...



Since I can't draw... maybe I can come up with another way to get the illustrations done.
I have 2 chances to get my book printed and one of those chances is less than a week away!!

I like the crafty feel of the owls in the photo so I think I'll go back to my crafting roots and see where that road takes me. I'll let you know how it goes!
I  hope I can hit the dead line!!

I gotta get to planning!!

*Grabbing - Fabric scraps, decorative paper, paint, glue, scissors... THE WHOLE CRAFT BAG!*

(Look for up updates soon!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...