Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Annual Events at The Greenville Zoo

Annual Events
The Greenville Zoo




For the past couple weeks, I've been on a search for fun family attractions and events for my family to visit and I've found some really neat places so far. Some that I've visited before and some that I haven't. Since I live outside Asheville, NC, I've been looking for attractions in and abouts my region. The Greenville Zoo is exactly the kind of attraction that I've been looking for. If you live near/in or arr planning on heading out near Greenville-Spartenburg, Take a look at the Annual Events that gets held at The Greenville Zoo!




Ice Cream Social -- June 21, 2013

This year will be the first annual Ice Cream Social, with ice cream for sale in cones, sundaes and floats along with Kona Ice and many other frozen treats! Join the animals and cool off on the first day of summer at the zoo with entertainment for the kids and fun for everyone - including Face Painting and an Ice Cream Dance Party.


Date: Friday, June 21, 2013
Time: 11 am to 2 pm


Hot Dog Day -- July 13, 2013



Hot Dog Day is an annual summer event at the Zoo! Enjoy hot dogs, chips, ice cream and Pepsi - Everything is $0.50 (cents) each!!


Date: Saturday, July 13, 2013
Time: Normal Zoo Hours
Cost: $7.75 for adults and $1.25 for children (For Hot Dog Day Only)


Zoo-B-Que -- Friday, August 2, 2013







Greenville's Main Event – the First Annual Zoo-B-Que, from 6-9 pm August 2. Free samples of local barbeque and beer, vote on your favorite dish and listen to live music while visiting the zoo animals. Tickets - $25 for adults and $15 for designated drivers - are available for purchase at the zoo. Proceeds from this first-ever barbeque tasting event will benefit the renovations of the Lion's Den. Must be 21 or older to attend.

Date: Friday, August 2, 2013
Time: 6-9 pm
Cost: $25 for adults and $15 for designated drivers.



Zoo-A-Palooza -- August 24, 2012

B93.7 is taking over the Greenville Zoo and their letting us in to party with them!! Tons of food, vendors, free BEE prizes and more... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I HOPE I CAN MAKE IT!!!



Sippin' Safari -- September 6, 2013



This annual fund raiser, brought to you by BI-LO Charities, includes beer, wine, hors d'oeuvres and a Silent Auction. All proceeds benefit the zoo education programs.


Date: September 6, 2013
Time: N/A
Cost: Tickets will be on sale in August at all BI-LO stores.



Boo in the Zoo -- Oct. 18, 19, 20 and Oct. 25, 26, 27

Join us for a safe, non-scary trick-or-treat event for kids 12 & under. Adults can come in costume too!

More information during Fall Season.

To learn more about The Greenville Zoo - Visit them online at www.greenvillezoo.com
Or on Facebook 


I can't wait to start planning my traveling list!!! My fiance has some vacation time that he's planning on taking and I'm going to try and squeeze in a couple attractions in there somewhere.... I hope The Greenville Zoo gets to be one of our chosen attractions!!! 


What are some of your favorite Family Attractions?



Sources: www.greenvillezoo.com
Photo Sources : www.greenvillezoo.com & morguefile.com/archive

13 comments:

  1. It has been awhile since I have been to a zoo. Now that there are babies in the family again... we will be zooing it.

    You only live once so I hope you can squeeze some fun travel time into your vacations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Zoo's and my girls are big animal and nature fans! I've barley been out of North Carolina myself and the kids are the same way!!! (Just a trip to SC or TN once every blue moon... the boarding states) I also hope that we can go somewhere special this summer! My little family is in extreame need for a vacation... Even a small one would be wonderful! I'm crossing my fingers for extra time and money for a vacation this summer before School starts back!

      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Zoo. I love Boo in the Zoo! How cute is that? I hope you are able to make it happen and visit this zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to go to the zoo and I use to work really close to the Detroit zoo. My favorite is the penguins! I did a report on them in elementary school and it just got me hooked, my niece loves them too so that is always a first stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! That sounds like a wonderful zoo! We have a Drive-Thru Safari here that we love going to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be visiting NC mid-July (near you, actually :)), so we might have to check this zoo out :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live 5 minutes from our local zoo - LOVE going! Yours sounds nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to a Zoo in a while! I hope to go soon, I wish we had one as close as you do!! I bet that's super fun

      Delete
  7. My hometown is Charleston, SC (I live in Kansas now) and we'll be visiting in July, I've never been to the Greenville area let alone the zoo but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that sounds like some amazing events what a zoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your zoo has a lot going on. We go to the Boo at the Zoo here at the Fort Worth Zoo every year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wish I lived near here! I would love to go! My local zoo doesn't do much and the set up is horrible. Ours is in a U shape. IT doesn't make fore easy navigation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A U shape don't sound like a fun way to make a zoo... That is odd! I hope you get to visit a fun Zoo soon :) Thanks for the visit

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...