Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

87 Photos to celebrate Marilyn Monroe's 87th Birthday!


Today is my idol's birthday! Marilyn Monroe would of turned 87yrs old today!
It's hard to believe that it's been 51 years since she passed away on August 5, 1962.... all alone in her room. The mystery behind her death seems to intertwine with so many other names and suspicions that the truth will never be heard.


Marilyn Monroe has always been a favorite of mine, I truly don't remember when I started idolizing Marilyn, I do know that I didn't start reading up on her story until about 5 years ago. Alan and I moved about 10 minutes from the local library and decided to not only get ourselves library cards but one for the kids also! I started checking out every book I could find on Marilyn Monroe and as soon as I was finished... I moved on to the next one. I would have to sort though the lies and opinions to figure out the true facts about the most misunderstood and mistreated woman/actress of all time! I quickly realized that some of the books written about Marilyn were almost all lies or the outside story from people looking in and not from Marilyn herself. I still have many more books to read when it comes to Marilyn Monroe books but my favorite so far is "Marilyn - The Last Take". It's the story behind Marilyn's last days alive. From sneaking around with JFK to her troubles with Twentieth Century Fox, her internal battles, her last birthday and much more! Her story is one that saddens me when I start to think about how people treated Marilyn. She went from being an unknown and unwanted scarlet to becoming the top star at Twentieth Century Fox and was making the studio more money than any other actress at that moment. But for some reason, it seemed like the studio didn't care how much the fans loved her, they wouldn't pay her a reasonable amount of money (Elizabeth Taylor was getting paid ALOT more than Marilyn Monroe while filming Cleopatra. Not only was the movie Cleopatra bringing down the studio with the cost of production but it was bringing down Marilyn as well.) It's truly a sad story and I'm glad life has changed a bit from when she was alive.

I will admit that because I have read so much about Marilyn and her life, I have gained a large interest in John F Kennedy, I guess you could add Bobby Kennedy in there as well but his life was no where near as interesting as Marilyn Monroe's and JFK's. I've also found myself curious about Jackie Kennedy (not too often since I believe that JFK and Marilyn would of been a great couple if they could of been out in the open about it... if only JFK's dad wouldn't of paid Jackie to stay with her husband and overlook the cheating, or as the story is told, maybe things would of been different.)
Frank Sinatra even crosses my mind sometimes.... That woman sure did have some interesting men in and out of her life!!

In honor if Marilyn's birthday, I have decided to put together 87 photos out of my large collection. I've collected these photos throughout the years and have no clue the exact location that I found any of my photos. The photos below are NOT in any special order and may bounce throughout her life. I hope you enjoy the photos and the memory of Marilyn Monroe.

87 Photos to celebrate Marilyn Monroe!


1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.

9.


10.


11.


12.


13.


14.


15.


16.


17.


18.


19.


20.


21.


22.


23.


24.


25.


26.


27.


28.


29.


30.


31.


32.


33.


34.


35.


36.


37.


38.


39.


40.


41.


42.


43.


44.


45.


46.


47.


48.


49.


50.


51.


52.


53.


54.


55.


56.


57.


58.


59.


60.


61.


62.


63.


64.


65.


66.


67.


68.


69.


70.


71.


72.


73.


74.


75.


76.


77.


78.


79.


80.


81.


82.


83.


84.


85.


86.


87.
"Something's Got to Give"

RIP Marilyn Monroe!!! You will forever be missed and will always live on through your movies, photographs and in the hearts of fans all over the world!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...