Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Why my family is CRAZY for Nutella!



Nutella... The Yummy 'Chocolate' Spread


Being healthy is always near the top of my list of things to do in life, but I never seem to be able to concentrate on it. I don't like salads... I don't many veggies at all, I'm not a active type of girl so exercise is out and I don't cook all the time like most moms do, so when it comes to eating healthy and feeding my kids healthy foods, I get stumped sometimes.

Then I ran across Nutella. I'd seen the commercials on TV but wasn't sure if it would be too sweet or too bitter. I had to give it a try. Once I brought it home, my girls were very excited to try it! I decided to put the Nutella on toast. They called it Chocolate Toast, it was gone in minutes! My girls couldn't get enough of the Chocolate Toast! I couldn't help put stick my finger right into that jar and taste the Nutella myself....

It was DELICIOUS!

I've always enjoyed Hazelnuts but never tried them in a spread. I had convinced myself that the Cocoa was going to over-power everything else but I was wrong... It's a perfect blend. My family can't get enough of that yummy goodness! My little ones even like Chocolate Toast for snacks as well as for breakfast! We also put our Nutella on sandwiches. My youngest likes to eat Nutella and Jelly sandwiches while my oldest liked her Nutella with a little peanut-butter and sometimes a little touch of jelly as well. Even my fiance, who don't like the taste of chocolate that much (I know, crazy right!?) , enjoys a little bit of Nutella every now and then. 

The best part is that my little girls are eating healthy and don't even know it! Nutella Ferrero Hazelnut Spread with Skim Milk & Cocoa is a WONDERFUL replacement for any unhealthy breakfast habit your family might have!

Who doesn't want Chocolate for Breakfast?!

I've been buying Nutella for my family for a couple years now but I never thought of going to their website and seeing what it had to offer until tonight.

I was putting up grocery's earlier and when I got to the Nutella, I saw the website on the back on the jar and decided to check it out. I did expect much but was very surprised.

Did you know that a Healthy Breakfast in the morning helps with the intake of fiber, iron, vitamins, and minerals throughout your day?

I didn't have a clue!

At NutellaUSA.com you can go through a Breakfast Builder and find out how many calories the breakfast you ate, or are about to eat, has and what percent it is compared to your daily estimated requirements.

Here is the results for Nutella on Whole Wheat Toast








Update ~ I recently found a really yummy looking recipe for Nutella Dream Cookies!! Click HERE to get the recipe.




I got no compensation for this post, all opinions are my own and was influenced by no other than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...