Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Have you watched 'The Taste' on ABC yet?


A Freebie Empire






The Taste: Tuesday at 8|7c on ABC

Four culinary masters get down to what really matters, The Taste! Starring Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre & Brian Malarkey


When it comes to watching TV, I pretty much stick to 2 main channels, ABC and PBS. SO when a new show Premiers on ABC, I always catch atleast one or two episodes throughout the season.

When I first saw the Preview of 'The Taste' I was very interested. Cooking shows have always been a favorite of mine and since I only have a few channels at home, I don't get to watch that many cooking shows anymore. I'd only heard of a couple of the pro-chefs in 'The Taste' but the ones that I didn't know still seemed entertaining. I liked how the cooks only get to serve up one spoon to each pro for the taste test. I don't cook often but I getting judged on just 1 single spoon full has to be challenging!

When the show Premiered on January 22, I made sure to be home to watch it. I enjoyed it alot. The pro-chefs got to taste alot of different types of food made from real chefs and home-cooks to see who they wanted on their cooking teams for the main competition. It was possible that more than one Pro chose the same person to be on their team... that's when things started getting heated! The chef or home-cook who cooked the spoon that was chosen by more than one pro, got to chose which team they wanted to be on. Brian Malarkey and Ludo Lefebvre seemed to chose the same people over and over again. Ludo ended up with all of his choices, Malarkey is out for revenge! You can tell that the tension between those two is going to cause some arguments and sometimes that can be very entertaining! I'm also very impressed with the way Nigella carries herself, she is very classy!

Now that 'The Taste' is up and running, I've caught a few of the episodes and I still enjoy it alot. The arguments are still flying and the anger keeps boiling. The teams get challenges throughout the show that are based on different themes. The pros walk around their kitchens giving tips and helping out a little bit. They don't want anyone from their team to go home. In the end, the chefs only get to serve up one spoon from their dish and the judges chose the spoons that go on the chopping block, someone always goes home. I like the concept of it being only one spoon and having a BLIND Taste Test! I understand that the cooks would love to serve more but that's the way of the game! These cooks are pretty good and their attitudes are starting to clash aswell so this show is sure to be full of tempers flying! I can't wait to see what else 'The Taste' has in store for us next!

I'm sure it's going to be great!

If you haven't watched 'The Taste' yet or you missed last weeks episode then you can watch it HERE.
If you enjoying cooking shows and challenges then I know you will enjoy 'The Taste'.
All you got to do is watch one episode and your sure to be hooked!

Tell me what you think.

Comment below and let me know if your enjoying ABC's new TV show 'The Taste' on Tuesday nights at 8|7c




MegaMind Movie Posters Now Available at Movie Poster Shop.com - 468x60 Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...