Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Foto Friday -Downtown Photo Shoot


TGIF!!!!

It's FRIDAY!!!! The end of the work and school week and this weekend just happens to be a long one!
Happy Labor Day Weekend!

How to you feel about a Foto Friday?
I took my daughters downtown last weekend for a photo shoot and I would love to share some of those photographs with you. What better way then to launch a new segment?



Here are a few of the photos from my shoot with "The Dancing Diva's" - Loran and Jade
Tell me what you think :) I love feedback on my photography!


I decided to let the girls chose their own poses since that's when their true personality shines. The shot below was the first one I took during the actual photo shoot (I took many more on out way to the wall), it turned out a bit blurry but I can't get over the poses they chose :) They are The Dancing Diva's after all!!




Loran - Diva with Attitude


Jade - Sassy, Sweet but Not so Innocent 


Irish Twins - You'd think they were connected at the hip! They won't do anything without the other.


The photo below is the above part of the wall that didn't make into the photographs. (My girls were too short to have the dragon in their pictures) I chose this wall for our shoot because of the bright colors and who could overlook the HUGE dragon that stretched across the top of the brick wall?! Isn't is amazing? Such a wonderful art piece!


Being able to walk around downtown and find beautiful pieces of art painted on the buildings is one of the wonderful things about Asheville, NC! We believe that artists need to be seen and many local business have even hired local artist to turn their outside walls into one of a kind art pieces, some even have the store name and even a product or two :) You can even find murals that tell a story about history. They are all simply breathtaking! 

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Foto Friday! Don't forget to check back next week, you never know kind of foto's I may have in store!


10 comments:

  1. The girls are so cute, they look ready to take on the world. The dragon picture looks so fun and colorful it almost seems alive like it could be breathing over your shoulder. Whoever did the original artwork on the wall did a great job. I love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words. My girls are awesome and their model poses amaze me :) They both have minds of their own and are not afraid to use them... Or tell you what they think haha :) I too love the artwork, I'm not sure who it was but I know that downtown Asheville is covered in original artwork, I love it!! :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the poses! I love the dragon, too! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragon was HUGE!!! I'll post a couple of my other photo's of that wall soon :) When it comes to Jade and Loran's poses..... They are unique and have a very sassy way of showing their feeling in pictures. They sure know how to work the camera... I guess that would be my doings since I've been using them as my personal models since they were born haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. omw. they are super cute...I love the posing! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Those 2 sure know how to express their personalities! That's for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. I am loving their sassy poses - they are so adorable - their dresses are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, their poses get sassier with each shoot!! :) They love to wear matching clothes and this time they was matching all the way down to their bright orange and gray shoes... Even their socks matched I believe lol :)

      Delete
  6. looks like you guys had a blast!! I love the bold wall behind the girls faces =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have alot of fun! I've been wanting to do a shoot with my girls downtown for a while now and I'm glad that we was finally able to do it :) My girls are suckers for bright colors so they was drawn to the wall just as much as I was :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...