Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Monday, August 26, 2013

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month


October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and I'm planning on focusing alot on the subject very soon.



Domestic Violence is a growing tragedy that rips many families apart on a daily basis. I have been a victim of Domestic Violence myself in the past and have sadly realized that there is not much awareness on this growing cause. In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I will sharing survivor stories, help information and much more during the full month of October. Among the information that I will be sharing I've also chosen a local  Domestic Violence Help Center/Shelter to donate to this fall. More and more clients show up to these shelters and call the hotlines, asking for help. Supplies are often limited. Shelters have started creating Wish Lists asking for many items that most of us take for granted. I'm looking for sponsors who are willing to help out with this important event. You don't have to be local to join the cause. There are many ways to participate including: Giveaway sponsorship and monetary/product donation, just to name a couple. All proceeds will go toward Domestic Violence Services in Buncombe County, NC. (I chose to go local for the chance to give back to the people in my community) 

(We'll also be collecting unused gift cards that can be use for clothes, food, personal items, etc. If you happen to have a gift-card laying around that you don't plan on using or still has a balance, Would you be interested in possibly donating it to a good cause?)



I'm planning big things around Domestic Violence Awareness and I hope to see you all in October to help spread the word and save lives!



If you happen to be interested in helping out, My Kind Of Introduction is also accepting product donations, monetary donations, sponsors for Awareness Campaigns and much more; in exchange for promotion of your company/brand.
(I'm also accepting survival/personal stories - Names can be changed for privacy reasons, if needed.) 
Contact me, Autumn B, via email at AutoFaerie@gmail.com to discuss with more detail.

All Donations of Products/Monetary Donations will go toward Domestic Violence Services in Buncombe County, NC.

Thank you!!

My Kind Of Introduction is partnering up with the blog 3sonshavei during the month of October to help spread Domestic Violence Awareness.
Be sure to give her a visit as well!



14 comments:

  1. Shared this post! You are working on a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause! I am sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful cause - thank you for supporting it and all the women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome!! :) Thank you for your support as well!

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Once I get the awareness bracelets, I'll let you know and we'll share links to spread the word even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great plan :) I can't wait until we can launch the campaign!

      Delete
  5. Just shared to my Twitter. Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie Girl today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sharing my Domestic Violence Campaign!! I truly appreciate it :) Your very welcome about the Linky visit... Thanks for hosting the linky :) I look forward to the next one as well!! I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around the Bloggy World very soon :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your Labor Day Weekend!! Thanks again and I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When this starts, I'd be glad to share it on my blog, it's http://momndaughtersavings.com This is a wonderful thing you're doing and I'd really like to help. I'll also share this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody, Thank you soo much for offering your help. I'll be contacting you during the next couple weeks! Your help is greatly appreciated!! <3

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your email. I will work on that for you by Friday. Thank you for helping spread awareness! God Bless Susana Aka Angels of Domestic Violence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome hun, and Thank you for being willing to help with the campaign! Domestic Violence Victims need a voice and I feel the need to be that voice! I look forward to reading your article soon. Thanks again!! Your help is greatly appreciated!! <3

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you...