Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself!

#BloggingForAwareness



Growing up in a home cursed with Domestic Violence is one of the worse situations that a child can be in. You try and teach your kids right from wrong, such as: "Never ever hit a girl.", "Don't be a bully." and/or "Stand up for yourself and what you believe in."
I've been around my fair share of Domestic Violence and Abuse throughout my 26 years and have heard many women say that they dealt with the abuse and stayed with their abusers for the sake of the children... "They need their father." they say OR "I don't want my kids to grow up in a broken home." There are many reasons to explain why victims don't leave their abusers and I understand and have witnessed most of them myself but watching and/or hearing your parents fight all the time is damaging! How can kids learn to not hurt others or stand up for themselves when you aren't doing the same?
Remember - Kids learn from what they see and from experience...
In other words:
"If a father beats his wife in front of his son,
What's to say when that boy starts to beat his wife and kids when he grows up?"
It sure does give you something to think about, Don't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...