Sponsored by USFG and +Squooshi
It's been a little while since I've posted a review on my blog and I regret that I've fallen so far behind throughout these past 4 or 5 months. Life has changed drastically for my family and it's been quite tough to keep up with everything that I had going on during the end of last year (2013). I'm still not 100% back on feet yet and struggle daily but I believe that if I start focusing my time back on work then I can get through these rough times and start getting my life back together again. I want to apologize to everyone for deserting you all and I promise to do better from now on. Thank you for the ones who never gave up on me and continue to stand by "My Kind Of Introduction" as well as myself. I appreciate you all more than I'll ever be able to fully express!!
Now lets get down to business.....
Being a parent is such a joyful experience that I'd never give up for anything in the world, but there are always those challenges that make my head hurt.
For example: Making sure my children eat healthy without having to sneak in the healthy foods or fight my child over the potato chips.
Having that said - I was super excited when I received a package last month that claimed to hold the answer to my troubles, 3 Squooshi pouches for me to test out with my girls.
I'll be happy to explain:
A Squooshi is a refillable, dishwasher safe food pouch that's used for squishing up fresh fruit, vegetables and more for children! They come in many cute designs that children love and can take ANYWHERE they desire (school, park, car, daycare etc.)
We've all seen the squeeze packs at the supermarket that contain the apple sauce mixtures and squished fruit flavors, right? I believe they first showed up with a few flavor choices, in the toddler section, they have twisty caps used for resealing. Today you can find a variety of brands and flavors, not only in the toddler section but in the fruit section as well. They range in price from $1 - $3.99 each and come in all kinds of different flavor combinations. Not to mention that they're enjoyed by children as young as age 1 as well as kids ages 8 and up! (My daughters, who are now at the ages of 7 & 8, enjoy eating them for a quick snack while their outside playing with friends!) The only downfall about these fruit pouches is that they're not refillable and have the tendency to be eaten up pretty darn fast!!
That's why the idea of a washable, reusable pouch is so wonderful! Squooshi pouches can be easily filled with any soft and/or squishable food that your child may request, the fun part is creating their own flavors by adding a few different fruits together inside the pouch, maybe even a veggie or two!
When it comes to actually squishing the fruits, you can do it one of two ways:
- Manually squish the fruits by hand once the fruit is added and the pouch is securely closed using the zipper at the bottom of the Squooshi (Just make sure you don't overfill the pouch which can cause the zipper to pop open and fruit to go everywhere).
- You can also use a blender or food processor to get the fruit and vegetables to the right "applesauce-like texture." (As long as you don't go too far and wind up with more of a juice other than a thick squish.)
What I love most about these amazing pouches is that clean-up is as simple as loading the dishwasher - since Squooshi reusable food pouches are 100% dishwasher safe! Jade and Loran have always been fans of those store bought fruit squishes and now they absolutely love being able to experiment with different foods to create their very own flavor creations! I no longer have to worry about my girls eating healthy since Squooshi's can be eaten for Breakfast, on the go, for snacks and so much more!! The strong zipable bottoms and the tight fitting lid are great and who could forget those adorable animals that make Squooshi's a one of a kind treat that even the oldest enjoy.
You may also like to know:
• Squooshi reusable food pouches are not only BPA-free but are also PVC-free, Lead-free & Phthalate-free.
• Has a super sturdy zip-lock style zipper located on the bottom of each Squooshi.
• Made with a choke-proof cap
• Can be filled with applesauce, smoothies, fruit, grain, veggies, homemade baby food, yogurt, oatmeal and pretty much anything that's squishy or can be squished!
• For best results, fill Squooshi pouches to about ¾ full, depending on content.
• Learn more about Squooshi reusable food pouches and the creators behind this nifty creation at Squooshi.com
Disclaimer: This blog accepts compensation in the form of products and/or monetary for selected posts which will be labeled as sponsored. No matter the compensation, I only write about items and/or services that I have personal experience with and believe my readers will enjoy and/or benefit from. All opinions are my own and may differ from those of others.
View Full Disclosure for further details.
This post may contain affiliate links